Tuesday, May 7, 2013

2014 Interview

Content:

1.  Who did you interview and what house are they in?

  • I interviewed Kim Gonzalez and she is in East House   

2.  What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

  • I don't have a finialized idea for my senior project but a few ideas that I had in mind was to do something in law or psychology or  something related with kids and helping them. Maybe I could do something in social work. The reason why I would like to do my senior project on one of these topics is because I feel that it is a job that will always be needed and I am very interested in law because it is very important. 
3.  What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?

  • Right now I don't know who I am going to be doing my service learning but I know a family member who works in human resources so I might do my 10 hours with. 

4.  What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?

  • I expect to see something different because I know some years a lot of people do similar topics from previous years. I heard already that there aren't people doing something that I want but I want to have an open mind when I see the 2 hour presentations. 

5.  What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?

Q: How is senior year different from the rest of the years that you have been at I-poly? 

A: Senior year is different from the years prior because it is a lot more of individual work. Freshman through junior year, its just mainly group work but once your a senior, a lot of the responsibility goes to you. With that being said, all three years people tell you not to procrastinate but you do so anyways. Well in senior year, you really cannot afford to procrastinate. Once the senior teachers have said that an assignment is due, then it is due. They don't really give you an opportunity to turn it in late. 

Q: Do you think that I can handle a job, senior project, and college stuff?

A: Well personally, I don't have a job but to be honest I don't think that I can handle it. My life right now is mostly centered on school and I don't think that I could be able to handle it. However, if you are looking to work somewhere throughout senior project, then it all depends on your personality/characteristics. Also it depends on how well you can manage your time. 

Advice given:
Make sure to acquire mentorship early so you don't suffer the consequences later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment